Saturday, November 3, 2012

School Spirit Week

 When I was a kid, my mom always tried to think outside of the box. And she was good at it! I always had the coolest Halloween costumes, Valentines Day boxes, etc. I remember my working gum ball costume, my realistic pizza pie Valentine box, my bird nest and ocean head wacky hair day, my teacher making me take out the boobs in my back on backwards day, and much much more. I had an awesome childhood and an awesome mom. I can't wait till I get to do the same for my kids. As for now, I get to live through Sarah and her kids. 


Sela's Latest Wacky Hair Day: Fire!
Sarah had this awesome idea! She started with a styrofoam ring base, added lightweight wood, rocks, and tissue paper, styled her hair like fire, and sprayed it. It even had flashing lights with a battery pack accessible to Sela to turn on and off!



More From This Year's Spirit Week. . . 
-----------------------------------------------------------


80's Day


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marky's Career Day. . . Sarah let him pick what he wanted to be. . . 


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


More Wacky Hair Days (From Previous Years)





(William felt left out)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sela's Greek Gods Day (Medusa)


Sarah painted the eyes on her eyelids and incorporated toy snakes. The scales effect was created by fishnet tights pulled over Sela's face and makeup/spray applied on top, then removing the tights.



It can be a lot of work, but it's always worth it in the end! (:



No comments:

Post a Comment