Sunday, November 4, 2012

Photo Wall

My Homemade Photo Wall Art

A few months ago I started seeing photo walls on Pinterest and all over cute houses. So I thought I'd make my own when I saw this door at Ikea in the "As Is" section. Six freakin bucks! That's all. The wood was lifting a little, but I knew that I could just use the other side. I also liked that it was foggy and actually put lights behind it, so that I could illuminate the frame. 

I knew that I wanted my frames to be a certain style and shape. I found some online, but they were all pretty expensive. Then I remembered the store that I grew up going to with my mom called the Wood Connection in Murray, UT. My plan was to have them cut the wood for me into the shape that I wanted. But they had the shapes I wanted already cut with glass and all! They even had the decorative paper I wanted. 
I painted some frames solid, but on the ones that I wanted to glue the paper, I painted the edges of the frames to finish it off nicely. 
It's important to arrange the frames how you want before you stick them up. I think I changed my mind at least fifteen times. Once I found where I wanted them, I attached them with industrial strength Velcro. That way, all that I have to do when I want to change the pictures is pull them off. Easy Shmeazy.
 Once I had everything Velcroed up, I used the fish hook looking photo hooks that hold a lot of weight so that I wouldn't have to find studs. Worked like a charm. I also added Martha Stewart garland to the bottom to hide the cord that is available to plug in the lights behind my couch. 


No comments:

Post a Comment