Thursday, November 1, 2012

How to Harvest Pumpkin Seeds


How to Harvest Pumpkin Seeds! The Easy Way!
First:

 When you cut the top of your pumpkin, try to cut it large enough that you can easy scrape out the insides, yet small enough that there is a surface large enough to carve a face on the pumpkin to make a jack-o-lantern, if that is what you so desire.  I like to cut it round with a little quirk in it so that you can easily find it back into it's puzzle. This is especially nice if you have a pumpkin with no stem.


Next:

Scrape the "guts" out of the pumpkin and place in a large bowl. Fill the bowl with warm/hot water. The temperature might help the seeds float, but mostly it is for your comfort. I started out with warm water, but I liked using hotter water after I realized how quickly it cooled down. The seeds float to the top, making them easier to separate from the guts. Then wash the seeds in a strainer. Don't worry if you can't get every single seed clean. Some people actually like the bits of pumpkin in it after it's cooked. 



Enjoy! See previous post for my delicious family recipe of baked pumpkin seeds!
----------------------------------------------------
Here's my carving work for this year!!!
Election Day Coming Soon!

Shout out to my man Jackson!

No comments:

Post a Comment