Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Live Deliberately!

Today could be a horrible day for me. I couldn't sleep all night from a combination of my ribs killing me with each breath I took (apparently I might have a little bit of pleurisy.) and the fact that election night didn't go as nicely as I wish it had. . . But it's okay. Everything is going to be okay. I have a beautiful family who love me, a boyfriend who understands me, friends who are there for me, and a god who saves me. Yes, there might be hard times ahead. Regardless of who the president was, we knew there would be hard times ahead. But thats why we must make every day count. We must look at each day with enthusiasm and look for people who need us. Service always helps us more than the people we serve. So pass it on! Be happy! And remember the words of Thoreau taught to me by my 10th grade english teacher and now my good friend, "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately. . . and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived". 

After helping my family clean their house the other day, I got home to find this on my desk. My roommate, Marlene, bought me a rose for the heck of it. Yes, I was confused and asked her what for, and she said, "Does there have to be a reason?" . . . So Pass it on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment