Saturday, May 18, 2013

Bridesmaids!!!


Bridesmaids Galore
Creative Ways to Make Your Favorite Ladies Feel Special!


Before I even met my wonderful fiance, I knew that whenever, and if ever I was to get married, I always wanted to have a lot of bridesmaids. When I started planning our special day, It was so hard to narrow the list down of amazing women I have in my life! So I came up with ten plus a couple. I have ten bridesmaids, 2 flower girls, and a few "honored guests". I saw a girl on Pinterest who made some beautiful bridesmaid boxes, so I can't claim all the credit for it (and I can't find the website again, so if it was you, thank you!!!), but I changed it up a little to fit my wedding. Here's what I came up with!

I got these wooden boxes at Hobby Lobby and left them raw, yet added a little floral stencil in one of my wedding colors. I also attached a paper card with their names on each box. I used the paper so that If they wanted to use the box later they could easily take off their name. 


I also added a little string of pearls to add a little extra feminine flair. 

In each box I put little knickknacks that represent our wedding theme as well as items the girls should wear. There was also little cards with instructions on each card. 












I didn't want to leave my flower girls out, so I made them a smaller box. 



I gave my girls their box during our bridesmaid luncheon. I was planning on using them on the table, but there wasn't quite enough room. I didd have enough room for these which is where my mom and I sat. Hobby Lobby too! 


The place I had my luncheon was great! It's a little dessert cafe in West Jordan, UT. "The Chocolate" allows you to bring in your own food and just asks that you rent the room for $20.00, and spend $40.00 in dessert. Well that was easy! They have the cutest setup and they even had fresh flowers. Just make sure you call and make a reservation before you plan on any dates with your girls. I think that since we had our luncheon, one of my bridesmaids has gone in to do her collage homework while getting a hotchocolate. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the free wifi! 


One of the best desserts at "The Chocolate" is this cake! And how perfect is it that it's called "The Husband" The lady working cut it and helped us serve it. YUMMMY!!! (I might have to go get another piece.) We pre-ordered this cake, which would probably be a good idea to do if you're thinking about going, because "The Husband" sells out fast! 


I make chicken salad sandwiches, popped open a bag of some yummy salt and pepper chips, a couple strawberries as well as sparkling cucumber water, from Harmon's Grocery Store that I had chilled (it was definitely an acquired taste.) "The Chocolate" provides ice water and I brought a gallon of milk which we poured into their teacups to accompany the cake. I let them take home their teacups, their boxes, and their vase and fresh cut tulip from my parents yard. I got the paper doilies, soap roses, plates and napkins from the dollar store, and the teacups from Savers! 



 And what to do with all these invitations? Easy! Guilt my bridesmaids into coming over after to put them all together! Beautiful Wedding Announcements in Riverton, UT was a great place to go! They're priced pretty reasonably, and we had them address our envelopes and score everything so it was pretty quick for us to do! 



And I have a great Photographer who knows how to photograph photographs! 
Amber Shaw from Amber Shaw Photography has been great! Can't wait for her to take pics on our big day! Six days to go!!!


P.S. We also gave our grandmas a necklace to wear on our special day and our grandpas and my fiance's mom's husband a chocolate brown tie. I can't wait to see everyone!!! 

Another P.S. I have no idea if anyone actually cares about my blog. I might have 1 follower?  I think I do it more for myself. This one was designed for other people to read! So if you'd like me to keep sharing crap like this, you should follow me. Or something. 

1 comment:

  1. Amazing...loved every minute reading this, can't wait for Friday! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete